The Maryland Alpaca Breeders Association exists to develop and promote a dynamic, growing, and profitable alpaca industry in Maryland. To accomplish this, the Maryland Alpaca Breeders Association:
- Fosters a spirit of trust and fun for Maryland Alpaca Breeders Association members and their families.
- Conducts itself with honesty and integrity, and operates under a policy of openness.
- Provides opportunities for networking among members and their families, and for sharing services, equipment, supplies, facilities, knowledge, fellowship, and a love for the alpaca.
- Encourages the breeding of the highest quality alpacas.
- Provides training and education to its members on alpaca management, health and other alpaca husbandry practices.
- Provides marketing and growth opportunities for the Maryland alpaca industry through shows, public relations events, youth programs, and collaboration with state and local governments and civic organizations.
- Promotes, conducts and/or sponsors programs to educate and inform the public about alpacas and alpaca products.
- Holds regular membership and board of director meetings to conduct the business of the Association; and welcomes new members, whether or not they own alpacas.